TAMPA, Fla. - The Hillsborough County Tennis Association will host its first annual “USTA Tennis Block Party” at the Hillsborough Community College Tennis Complex opposite Raymond James Stadium in Tampa on Saturday, May 10, from 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
This FREE event is open to the public. The event will help introduce new players – young or old – to tennis and help bring former players back to “The Sport of a Lifetime.” Veteran players can also try out the latest racquets on court – all for FREE.
The event will feature the new USTA QuickStart Tennis format designed for kids age 10 and under. QuickStart features smaller racquets and courts, lower nets, slower-bouncing balls, and game-based play. It makes tennis a bit easier to learn… and thus more fun for youngsters. USTA is rolling out the QuickStart format nationally.
The FREE on-court sessions with certified teaching pros also include:
- Sign-ups and lessons for a new Hillsborough County USTA Jr. Team Tennis League for kids up to age 18.
- Adult Cardio Tennis … pros lead tennis drills to high-energy music – and players get a great workout!
- “Tennis 101” … FREE lessons for beginner adults.
- FREE on-court racquet demos for players … with the latest high-tech gear available for tryouts.
- Clinics for the exciting new “One-on-One Doubles” tennis format.
- Plus music … sign-ups for area tennis leagues and events … prizes and surprises … All THIS AND MORE IS SLATED SATURDAY, MAY 10 AT HCC!
The HCTA Tennis Block Party will also help reintroduce the
“New HCC Tennis Complex.” The 28-court facility is
being upgraded under new management.
Many area tennis-teaching professionals are volunteering their time to help HCTA host the event at HCC. For regular updates on Tennis Block Party planning, visit the HCTA website at www.hcta.usta.com or call 813-657-5617.